Mrs. Rose Fraze
I’m excited to be part of the founding Riverside team. I am joining LCPS after fifteen years in
another district where I worked as a Language Arts teacher, department chair
and assistant principal. I absolutely
love being an educator! I look forward
to meeting all of you and getting to know you.
Please stop by and introduce yourselves; until then, here’s some things
to help you get to know me.
- Working with teenagers is my FAV! Crazy??
Some think so, but I sincerely enjoy this age group. They feel and believe with such passion and conviction, regardless of the topic (can make for some interesting times too). But how cool to see big kids become young
adults – it’s truly inspiring.
- I love learning.
All topics interest me, but I especially enjoy staying current in
educational philosophy and pedagogy. I belong to several professional organizations such as ASCD and VASSP/NASSP. I
do a lot of general reading and studying too.
- Formally speaking, I earned a Bachelor’s degree in
English and my secondary education certification from Brescia University. I also earned a Master’s degree in School
Administration from George Mason University.
Over the years, I’ve attended numerous trainings and classes and also am
endorsed in Gifted Education.
- During my career, I’ve had the honor of receiving
various awards and recognitions including
Virginia Governor’s School Outstanding Educator 2004 and 2005, Dale City High
School Teacher of the Year, and Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher
Award Finalist .
Honestly I’m most proud of my “Happy File” full of cards and notes as
well as the numerous tchotchkes given to me by students. When you stop by my office, you’ll see.
- I a m a content nerd and proud of it! Language Arts is simply part of my DNA.
- Literacy is a passion of mine! I'm a member of the Virginia State Reading Association and International Literacy Association. I have presented at the State conference and been interviewed by Fox News regarding the importance of literacy at the Secondary Level. What are you reading?Let's talk vocabulary, books and other types
- Family is very important to me. My husband and I celebrated our 20th
wedding anniversary this year. We have
two great kids: Alex 19 and Katie 17 (good thing I like
teenagers J). We also have two cats, sisters, Abby and
- Random likes and hobbies. The beach - really any kind of water. Reading.
Music. Theater. Chocolate. Disney. Giraffes. Scrapbooking.
Pinterest. Holidays – Happy
I'm confident the 2015-2016 school year will be great! See you soon!