Attention Sting Ray Parents:
· In Middle School, this program is called SPECTRUM.
· If a student was in the Futura program in 5th grade at LCPS, they are automatically enrolled in Spectrum for 6th grade.
· If a student was found eligible for gifted services in another county in Virginia or another state, they still need to complete the LCPS Gifted eligibility process.
· A Parent/Guardian Referral Form can be obtained from the LCPS website: Click Academics, then Gifted Services; scroll to the bottom of the page on the website. Print, complete the form, and submit to the Main Office for Heather Jackson, the Gifted Resource Teacher.
· The LCPS county-wide Fall deadline for parent/guardian referrals is Friday, October 7, 2016.
· SHMS Gifted Resource Teachers: Heather Jackson & Peggy Jensen
· Any students who have been attending LCPS or students new to LCPS MUST go through the same eligibility evaluation process.
· The eligibility process takes the entire 1st semester to complete. Students who are found eligible, will begin Spectrum in the spring semester.