(PositiveBehavior, Intervention, and Support)
· A proactive and consistent approach to school-wide discipline which will assist in improved student achievement.
· Staff the opportunity to be involved in the decision making process. (Shared leadership approach)
· Teaches and reinforces appropriate behaviors.
· Provides data to assess needs and make informed decisions.
· Provides increased feedback and support to staff.
· Creates consistent language and expectations across all school areas
Ultimately, PBIS implementation provides a decrease in addressing challenging behaviors which thereby increases overall instructional time.